When submitting a project request to the CALS Office of Communications and Marketing, you will be asked to provide the following information:
Project Title: Put the title of your job here. For example, “Nitrate in Household Water” or “HNFE Display Banner.”
Project Description: Provide a detailed description of your project here. Be as specific as possible.
Job Type: Select one of the options from the drop-down menu:
Publications that originate from CALS departments. Request information must include the following (if no information available, enter n/a):
- Expected number of pages.
- Expected dimensions (inches).
- Who will approve (contact name and email address).
- Delivery instructions and address.
- Budget information.
- Funding code.
- From what funds the project will be paid.
This includes all VCE peer-reviewed and non-peer-reviewed publications as well as other types of publications that will be printed and/or posted online (newsletters, brochures, manuals, posters, displays, annual reports, guidebooks, advertisements and web graphics. With the exception of non-peer reviewed publications, our staff edits all publications before the creative services team begins any graphic design/videography work. Note: If you are submitting a peer-reviewed or non-peer reviewed publication request, please review the submission criteria before you submit your request.
If you choose this deliverable, you will need to fill out the following information:
- Expected Number of Pages: Total number of pages.
- Expected Dimensions: What size do you expect the finished piece to be? Provide the expected finished dimensions, e.g. 8.5” x 11”.
- Quantity: If the piece is being printed, how many copies do you need?
- Who Will Approve: List the name of the person who must give final approval before it can be posted online or printed.
- Delivery Instructions: Please tell us how the final piece will be distributed (mailed, handed out, online only, etc.) and let us know the address to which the printer should deliver the final product (your office, the distribution center, etc.)
- Budget Information: If the publication is being printed, please list the funding information here. If your request is for an online publication only, please skip this step.
- Review Status: Please indicate if this is a VCE peer-reviewed or non-peer-reviewed job. If it is neither, please select “other.”
Read more information about Publications.
If you have a request that does not fall into one of the categories listed above, including video production, please choose this deliverable.
For photography services at events and for photography required in other projects-in-progress within the Office of Communications and Marketing. This does not include general photography for use by departments and units.
For general photo shoots, please contact University Relations.
General Update: For updates to existing websites.
New Site: For new website builds.
CMS Training: For users who need training on the university’s content management system (to update department or program websites).
VCE Unit Office: For updates to VCE Unit Office websites.
Read more about Website Services.
Department: The department or program area you select will determine the first three letters of the assigned job number. The last three digits are assigned chronologically (i.e. BSE-125 would be the 125th requested job from biological systems engineering).
Intended Audience: Explain who your audience is for this project. For example, if you are requesting a newsletter for the Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences, your audience may be “current and prospective students and APSC alumni, faculty, and staff.”
Requested Deadline: Project requests generally take 6-8 weeks to complete, with the exception of minor website updates. Do not choose a date that falls on a weekend or holiday. If your requested deadline is not feasible, someone from our office will contact you to renegotiate the deadline before your request will be accepted. If you have specific questions about choosing a deadline, please contact the project coordinator.
Is this job a revision of a previously requested job? If your request is for us to update an existing publication or marketing item, please put the previous job number or publication number in this box. The number is most often located on the lower right side of the publication or marketing item.