The Office of Communications and Marketing provides services and leadership for media relations, public relations, and strategic communications planning for the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and Virginia Cooperative Extension. Our staff works closely with local, state, regional, and national media to promote the impact of our research, teaching, and Extension programs. Services provided include:
- Produce and distribute news releases and informational articles to the media.
- Publicize events and programs to internal and external audiences.
- Foster relationships with media outlets.
- Develop strategic communications plans for research impacts, programs, and special projects.
- Create content for college, Extension, and university publications and websites.
- Advise and train faculty and staff members on how to effectively work with the media.
- Serve as the liaison between the college and the Office of University Relations.
- Develop and maintain social media sites for the college and Extension.
The Office of Communications and Marketing is looking for story ideas. If you or your department, research team, or Extension program has news that you think may be worthy of sharing with internal or external audiences, we want to hear from you. Some of the ways your information may be used include:
- News stories to the public.
- Internal communication.
- Social media posts.
- Messages to stakeholders and alumni.